Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The first week in Ghana

Hello!

Soon my first week in Ghana and Tema have passed! So many things to share..

Since last Thursday I've been on a graduation at the Accra university were a relative of K. have been studying, buying the nicest textiles from GTP, Ghana textile printing company, and tried whatever is available for a vegetarian (veg. pizza, veg. fried rice, veg. stew thats is!.. ha ha almost!)

The weather is warm, and things are growing fast! K. planted some watermelon seeds some weeks ago, now there are small melons waiting for us..

Compared to India, Ghana is less noisy, less crowded, less smelly and less pushy.. People are friendly and with everyone you are having a conversation with you ask : Good day, how are you!?

What hit me mostly was that the roads are well-maintained, there are few straydogs and that everything is being carried on the head!

One of the things that feels best, is the Ghanian ladies.. Im tellin ya.. they are so beautiful, all curvy, volymptious!! Even the models on the charts for deciding what kind of ghanian dress I'm gonna wear on friday are big mamas! (I'm in paradise!)

Two nights ago I was awaken by some horrible sound.. It sounded like a dog in pain.
Yesterday we found out that it was the neighbors who had bought a small puppy which they had in a small cage. When I heard this horrible and heart aching sound this night again I almost thought someone was hurting the dog.. I could'nt take it, I went up and went in to the garden of the neighbor/ our house owner and took the puppy from the cage.. no-one had hurt it but it is still small and scared.. so he slept at my floor last night.. So now we are kind of day sitting a sweety!

Last but not least.. this place is like a constant rnb party, the music (great music.. including country..!?) is pumping everywhere! This is tha place to be!

Thats all for now! I'll keep you posted! Emilie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ghana seems nice and fascinating :) And Fair trade bananas too. Somewhat different weather compared to Gothenburg; fog and snow have been the themes of the week here. (Snow has melted though).

/Mathias - tycker det var ett bra initiativ vad gäller valpen